Monday, August 14, 2017

You Don't Have to Be Fast....you just have to do it!

Back in my army days, I was a fast runner.  Who knows if it was my younger age or just having the motivation of a drill sergeant, but either way, I was running 6ish minute miles.   After dealing with plantar fasciities for a decade, I had long packed away my running shoes and never given it another thought until I started my first "Summer Striders" program.  I did running/walking intervals and realized that my formerly 6is minute miles were more like 12-15 min miles.  I started questioning whether there was any value to running especially since I was so slow.  If we are being honest, I have a ton of friends who can walk faster than I was typically running.  But after talking with many professional runners and doing a lot of research, I realized that the speed of running has little to do with the health (physical and mental) benefits of running.
Want to learn more?  Click HERE to check out an article from Women's Running Magazine.  It's just about getting out there and taking the steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment